Ugrás a tartalomra

Hozzájárulok hogy az adataimat hírlevél küldés céljából felhasználják. Elfogadom az adatkezelés tájékoztatót!

St. Nicholas Church (Church of Franciscan friars)

It is the oldest historic building in Kecskemét. The origins of its earliest, Gothic structural elements date back to the second half of the 14th century. Until 1564 the church had been used both by the Catholics and the Calvinists and was handed over to the Catholic community at that time. From 1644 to 1772 the vicarage was managed by Franciscan monks. Its distinctive features include the Baroque-style church interior, the ‘Lourdes chapel’, which was built in 1931, the ornamented gates by Ferenc Tiringer and the garden of ruins beside the church. Some well-known names for the church are: ‘The Friars’ Church’ (Barátok temploma), ‘old stone church’, ‘St. Nicholas Church’.