Ugrás a tartalomra

Hozzájárulok hogy az adataimat hírlevél küldés céljából felhasználják. Elfogadom az adatkezelés tájékoztatót!

Calvinist Church

Built between 1680 and 1684, it is the second oldest historic building of the town. Until 1564 the building of the ‘old stone church’ (Friars’ /St. Nicholas church) was used both by the Catholics and the Calvinists of Kecskemét. The Calvinist wooden church, which was built nearby, burnt down in 1678. The construction of the new church was supported by landlord István Koháry and the town provided the site. During the years of the Turkish occupancy the Pasha of Buda as well as the Turkish Sultan himself had to be asked for a building permit. The consecration took place in December 1684. At the same time a plaque was placed in the church in memory of the church’s construction. The plaque is still to be seen today.